Like any business, good planning allows nonprofit leaders to be better equipped to determine what direction they want their association to take during the coming period.
AMG places a major focus on supporting a board or leadership group in their strategic planning initiative. Some of the justifications for planning might include:
- Mission – To confirm or change
- Budgeting – To determine resource allocations for the coming fiscal year
- Decision making – To determine needed future programs and services
- Performance evaluation – To assess how the nonprofit is doing to budget and plan
- Competitive Analysis – To assess the competition and make plans to compete and excel
We know that strategic planning is unlike any other leadership experience. AMG executives are equipped to facilitate your planning process and as part of that included service, we encourage leaders to review the background and status as to why their association was founded, (purpose) who it is intended to serve, (primary beneficiaries) and how their nonprofit is governed and structured. It’s also important to know the current status of association programs and services as part of efficient planning.
After your plan is approved, AMG delivers customized management solutions that will enable clients to achieve their specific strategic goals. Our focus is guided by each client’s unique:
- Strategic plan as determined by its board of directors or leadership team
- Annual operating budget – the financial expression of the plan.
- The contracted scope of services to be delivered by AMG
This will ensure that clients and AMG have a shared vision of success and a clear understanding of priorities. Our approach also makes sure that the work we do for clients will always be directed by volunteer leaders, guided by strategic goals and managed by staff who understand the association’s objectives and desires.